Job offer Food Technologist
Paleo is a European food ingredient company, aiming at creating an ultimate fish and meat experience without hurting animals. We leverage the most recent scientific advances to reverse-engineer what gives meat and fish their taste, texture and nutritional value, and to produce these ingredients by precision fermentation.
We are seeking a Food Technologist to support our research and development efforts.
- Assist our Food Science Lead in formulating food products with our precision fermentation-derived ingredients and help showcase their performance in meat and fish alternatives.
- Produce sample products in-house and in collaboration with external manufacturers.
- Conduct experiments to study interactions of our proprietary food ingredients with various fish and meat alternatives matrices.
- Help conduct analytical, sensory and shelf-life tests of our proprietary food ingredients and final food formulations.
- Help compile information for regulatory approval, product specifications and labelling.
- Contribute to write SOPs, maintain lab records, review and improve safety and QC procedures.
- Assist with general lab housekeeping, including instrument calibration, waste disposal and cleaning work areas.
- Bachelor or master degree in a relevant field (e.g. food technology, food engineering, food chemistry) or equivalent experience. Proven experience in a similar role (academic or industrial), in particular in the field of food product development and/or alternative proteins, is a strong plus.
- You are familiar with food manufacturing technologies and equipment. You understand food engineering and product development.
- You have experience in ingredient manufacturing, protein chemistry, ingredient functionality and interactions, food processing techniques.
- You are structured, rigorous and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- You have good communication skills and a problem-solving attitude.
- You have an excellent command of English (orally and in writing).
A full-time employment contract, and a varied position in a dynamic scientific environment with a clear growth perspective and an inclusive culture.
Start date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Applications must include a complete CV, a brief motivation letter describing your interests, and contact details of referees.
At Paleo, we are committed to provide an inclusive and equity-driven workplace. We are prepared to adjust the job application process, the job and/or the work environment to enable all applicants to be considered for the position and to perform the job's essential functions.