Job offer Laboratory Technician
Paleo is a European food ingredient company, aiming at creating an ultimate fish and meat experience without hurting animals. We leverage the most recent scientific advances to reverse-engineer what gives meat and fish their taste, texture and nutritional value, and to produce these ingredients by precision fermentation.
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician to help manage the lab and support our growing R&D team.
- Prepare sterile media and solutions, and maintain inventory of materials, reagents and consumables;
- Ensure cleanliness and sterility of glassware;
- Perform instrument calibration and basic maintenance of benchtop equipment;
- Assist with general lab housekeeping, including waste disposal and cleaning work areas;
- Assist with and/or perform varied molecular biology and microbiology assays, including cloning, DNA and protein analysis, microbial cultures, and recombinant protein production, purification and biochemical characterization;
- Contribute to write SOPs, maintain lab records and QC data;
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field (e.g. biology, lab technologies) or equivalent experience.
- You are accurate, structured, and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- You have good communication skills and problem-solving attitude.
- You are aware of safety issues in a lab environment. Familiarity with GLP and/or GMP is a strong plus.
- You have an excellent command of English (orally and in writing). Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a plus.
- Proven experience in a similar role in the life science domain (academic or industrial), in particular in food, brewing or bio-pharma manufacturing, is a strong plus.
A full-time employment contract, and a varied position in a dynamic scientific environment with a clear growth perspective and an inclusive culture.
Start date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Applications must include a complete CV, a brief motivation letter describing your interests, and contact details of referees.
At Paleo, we are committed to provide an inclusive and equity-driven workplace. We are prepared to adjust the job application process, the job and/or the work environment to enable all applicants to be considered for the position and to perform the job's essential functions.