Job offer Process Engineer
Paleo is a European food ingredient company, aiming at creating an ultimate fish and meat experience without hurting animals. We leverage the most recent scientific advances to reverse-engineer what gives meat and fish their taste, texture and nutritional value, and to produce these ingredients by precision fermentation.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, hands-on Process Engineer to grow our process development & scale-up capabilities. In this role you will accelerate the scale-up of fermentation and downstream product recovery processes from the benchtop scale to the pilot and demonstration levels. You will have opportunities for multi-disciplinary collaborations within our R&D team as well as with our external partners.
- Lead the design and development of commercially scalable USP and DSP processes for the recovery of microbial fermentation bio-products.
- Optimize technical aspects of the fermentation and the connection between different operation units.
- Supervise technical staff members and contribute to train new team members.
- Develop and maintain a network of external stakeholders to exchange knowledge and technical support.
- Travel per project requirements.
- University degree in a relevant field (chemical engineering, life-science or biotechnology), PhD is a plus.
- You have at least 3 years professional experience in a demanding technical development and/or operational environment, ideally in food processing / brewing / biotech / biopharma manufacturing.
- Strong fundamental technical understanding of:
- USP (fermentation) operations, including but not limited to aseptic-aerobic bioreactor design & operation, mass balance, PFDs, P&IDs, fluid dynamics & bioprocess control.
- DSP process unit operations, including but not limited to centrifugation, cross-flow filtration/TFF (MF, UF, NF, RO), chromatography & freeze/spray drying.
- Experience of analytical methods used in bio-process control and bio-product quantification and characterization is a strong plus.
- Prior experience of food safety standards & certification (FSSC2200, SQF, IFS, BRC, GFSI) and operating within this environment is a strong plus.
- Prior work with modeling software and/or building computational models; familiarity with scripting tools such as Python and R is an advantage.
- You are structured, result-oriented, and comfortable with the dynamic pace and rapid decision-making needs of a startup environment.
- You have good communication skills and are able to coordinate with internal and external stakeholders.
- You have an excellent command of English (orally and in writing).
- Global mobility to travel internationally when required.
A full-time employment contract, and a varied position in a dynamic scientific environment with a clear growth perspective and an inclusive culture.
Start date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Applications must include a complete CV, a brief motivation letter describing your interests, and contact details of referees.
At Paleo, we are committed to provide an inclusive and equity-driven workplace. We are prepared to adjust the job application process, the job and/or the work environment to enable all applicants to be considered for the position and to perform the job's essential functions.